Congratulations to the summit winners!
|Congratulations to the Washington State Music Mentors who took first place in the prevention program competition at the Washington Prevention Youth Spring Forum 2009! They won the grand prize - a $4,000 scholarship assistance to an upcoming Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America Leadership conference.
Grand Prize Winners:
Washington State Music Mentors
- Othello RUAD
- Washington State Music Mentors
- Students Protesting Lies About Tobacco
- Midway Dragons Leadership for Life
- Lincoln/Mt. Tahoma/Hunt Middle School Prevention Club: Peace Out
- Lewis County Social Services: Giving to Get
- Innovation: Point Bank SADD Chapter
- Sustainability: Youth Leading Change/Students against Violence Everywhere
- Impact: Making a Change: Prom Promise/ Drug-Free Celebration
- Presentation Style/Professionalism: Teens at Chehalis Tribe Against Alcohol Drugs & Tobacco
- Collaboration/Partnerships: Wapato/TATU SADD
The Washington State Attorney General’s Office and DSHS Division of Alcohol and Substance Abuse have partnered to bring you the Washington Prevention Youth Spring Forum. The Spring Forum is planned to follow up from our Prevention Summit held last fall in Yakima and recognize youth who took the information they learned at the Summit and put it into action.
2009 Washington Prevention Youth Spring Forum Program
The Washington Attorney General’s Office, in an effort to support the continued prevention of alcohol, tobacco and drug use and place an emphasis on the importance of methamphetamine, prescription, and synthetic substance use prevention is providing financial assistance for the 2009 Spring Prevention Youth Recognition Forum.
These funds are generated from court settlements with drug companies that impact citizens of Washington State. Funds are available to help offset costs for youth prevention teams and their adult advisor/chaperones to attend the 2009 Washington Prevention Youth Spring Forum.
Date: Thursday, April 30th, 2009
Time: 8:00 AM - 6:15 PM
Location: Great Wolf Lodge, Grand Mound, Washington
- Applications Due: April 8th
- Final Registration Due: April 10th
- Check-in for Overnight Guests: April 29th
|Program Specific Questions:
Janelle Guthrie, APR Communications Director
Office of the Attorney General
Phone: 775.784.6265 or toll free 866.617.2816
|Travel Application Questions:
Phone: 775.682.8558 or toll free 866.617.2816
||Other General Logistics:
Rori Parker Douros
Phone: 801.581.8967 or toll free 866.627.2816