We welcome your comments related to information you read here or other consumer protection issues. Comments are reviewed prior to posting, generally within two business days.
We do not discriminate against any views, but we will not post comments that do not comply with this policy:
- Blog comments should be limited to comments related to the posted topic or consumer protection issues. Off-topic comments will not be posted.
- Comments that include vulgar, offensive, threatening or harassing language, personal attacks or unsupported accusations are prohibited.
- Political statements, including comments that endorse or oppose political candidates or ballot propositions, are prohibited under state law (RCW 42.52.180).
- The blog is not open to the promotion or advertisement of services or products. We may remove links to commercial Web sites. Comment spammers should be aware that we will not include links to your e-mail or Web site.
- Comments posted to the blog are public records. Please note that we may be required to disclose your comment, as well as your e-mail address or other information you share with us, if requested.
- In order to comply with Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, we are unable to post comments from children under 13. By posting here, you acknowledge that you are at least 13 years old. If you are 12 years old or younger, you may e-mail us instead.
- This blog is not a substitution for legal advice, arbitration or informal mediation.
- If you have a specific problem, please contact our Consumer Resource Centers. The Attorney General’s Consumer Resource Centers provide informal mediation of disputes for consumers and businesses in Washington. If you require an answer to a specific question or wish to file a consumer complaint, please do so online or call 1-800-551-4636 between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- The Attorney General’s Office is not authorized to provide advice to private citizens on personal legal matters. Please click here for resources.
- Communications made through the blog’s e-mail and messaging system will in no way constitute a legal or official notice or comment to the Attorney General’s Office. (For example, a post or comment that asks for public records will not be considered a public records request under RCW 42.56. Likewise, a post or comment related to a proposed agency rule will not be considered by the agency under RCW 34.05.)
- Guidelines on submitting a public records request.
- To make a comment to a specific AGO project or program, please contact the appropriate division.
- This blog use policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time to ensure its continued use is consistent with its intended purpose as a limited forum.
Distribution and linking policy and disclaimer of endorsement
Anything you read here may be distributed or reproduced. We ask that you attribute the information to All Consuming, as appropriate. Information from external news sources or Web sites that you access from this site may be subject to copyright and licensing rules and you should check directly with sources before distributing such content.
When you select a link to an outside Web site, you are leaving the All Consuming blog and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of that site. The Attorney General’s Office is not responsible for transmissions users receive from external Web sites.
Reference to any specific commercial products, processes or services, or the use of any trade, firm or corporation name is for the information and convenience of the public and does not constitute endorsement or recommendation by the state of Washington, the Attorney General’s Office or its employees.