OLYMPIA—Attorney General Rob McKenna‘s “Operation: Allied Against Meth” task force will hold its first meeting at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 10, in the Senate Rules Room at the state Capitol.
McKenna will open the meeting with an overview of the methamphetamine crisis in Washington then the task force will discuss strategies in seven key areas:
- Clandestine labs;
- Criminal penalties and sentencing;
- Property seizures and clean-up;
- Cross-border trafficking;
- Demand reduction, education and production;
- Drug court, treatment and drug-endangered children; and
- Future governance.
The meeting will be taped for TVW, but is not scheduled for live broadcast.
The task force is scheduled to convene three meetings, all of which are open to the public. Three subcommittees will hold additional meetings to develop strategies on criminal issues, demand reduction and clean-up and governance.
Janelle Guthrie, AG Media Relations Director, (360) 586-0725