Black Friday is the time when retailers hope to move from being in the red to being in the black. Attorney General Rob McKenna's top 10 list of shopping tips will help you spend less and avoid scams during the holiday shopping season.
1. Bring ads with you to the store.
2. Treat gift cards like cash.
3. Don’t wait on rebates.
4. Know the retailer’s return policy before you buy.
5. Keep receipts and packaging.
6. Be timely with returns.
7. Use a service like Paypal or a credit card when shopping online – not a debit card – and only shop on reputable, secure sites.
8. Check recall notices before buying children’s products.
9. Check video game ratings.
10. Save warranties and service agreements.