In observance of National Missing Children's Day, Attorney General McKenna will speak at the Tacoma Safe Child Town Hall event tonight . Here's more information from Community Watch:
Join CommunityWatch, Take 25, and Washington State PTA, and the Tacoma PTA, as well as our phenomenal speakers (see below for introductions) for an evening of discussion.
Topics include child safety, online gaming safety, community, and courage.
We have brought together a phenomal group to discuss these empowering topics.
- Miguel Villahermosa, Director Secondary Education for Tacoma Public Schools.
- Jerry Bobo, Senior Network Representative for the Mockingbird Society, "The Mockingbird Society is making a difference in the lives of Washington State’s nearly 14,000 children and youth in foster care. We have designed new cutting-edge programs to engage children, youth and families in foster care. "
- Rob McKenna, Attorney General,has passed a number of measures to protect children from sexual predators, he’s convened a Youth Internet Safety Task Force and he’s provided extensive Internet safety information on his Web site to help parents, teens, seniors and kids stay safe on-line.
- Melissa Lee, Microsoft’s Safer Gaming Advocate, will discuss how the company’s Get Game Smart program aims to help families enjoy video games and online media in ways that are safer, healthier and more balanced. The hub of the program is www.GetGameSmart.com, which brings the most current parental controls set-up guides, tips from experts and interactive family activities together online.
- Linda Criddle, from iLookBothWays, who is a true inspiration for us, and works toward the safety, online and off, of people world-wide. "Before establishing the company, Criddle spent 13 years at Microsoft where she was a pioneer in online safety for the MSN division and more broadly for the entire company due to her deep understanding of online predatory behavior and her ability to create practical, technical, and policy-based solutions."
Learn more on the Tacoma Safe Child Town Hall Facebook page .