Attorney General Bob Ferguson has announced his office is investigating complaints of price gouging in the COVID-19 public-health crisis.
“My office is investigating price gouging in the wake of the COVID-19 public health emergency. We do not identify the targets of our investigations, but we are taking formal investigative actions.”
He encourages consumers to file complaints if they suspect price gouging or scams related to COVID-19.
“Scammers often prey on fear. As the COVID-19 outbreak and response continue, Washingtonians may see people advertising products or services they claim treat or cure the disease. There is no specific antiviral treatment recommended for COVID-19 at this time. Any claims that a product or service can cure, kill, or destroy COVID-19 are probably false, and should be reported to our office.”
Information on filing a complaint is available here: https://www.atg.wa.gov/file-complaint
- For general information on Washington's COVID-19 response, visit: https://coronavirus.wa.gov/
- For questions about Labor & Industries issues, visit: https://lni.wa.gov/agency/outreach/novel-coronavirus-outbreak-covid-19-resources
- For questions about unemployment and other issues for affected workers and businesses, visit: https://esd.wa.gov/newsroom/covid-19
- For complaints about evictions in violation of the Governor’s moratorium on certain residential evictions during the COVID-19 public health emergency, visit: https://fortress.wa.gov/atg/formhandler/ago/COVID19EvictionComplaintForm.aspx
- For additional resources for homeowners and tenants, visit our Landlord/Tenant page.