OLYMPIA…Attorney General Rob McKenna, Governor’s Chief of Staff Tom Fitzsimmons and representatives from the Washington State Department of General Administration and Sunset Air Incorporated will celebrate the designation of the AGO’s Tumwater Building as the first privately owned leased state facility to earn LEED Silver Certification on Thursday, May 3.
• Attorney General Rob McKenna
• Governor’s Chief of Staff Tom Fitzsimmons
• Tumwater City Councilwoman Karen Valenzuela
• Representatives from the Washington State Department of General Administration
• Representatives from Sunset Air
• Herb Simon and partners, Simon Johnson LLC
• Representatives from Betchart Electric
Celebration of the Silver LEED rating of the Attorney General’s Tumwater Office, which is leased from Simon Johnson, LLC. The facility is the first LEED Silver Leased Facility in state government.
3 to 4:30 p.m. on May 3
LeAnn Miller Conference Room, Attorney General’s Tumwater Office, Cleanwater Building
7141 Cleanwater Dr SW in Tumwater (Near the corner of Tumwater Blvd. and Capitol Way.)
The LEED rating system was designed by the US Green Building Council to encourage and facilitate the development of more sustainable buildings.
LEED Items Savings at the Cleanwater Building:
• 35 percent reduction in energy consumption - $55,000 savings per year)
• 57 percent reduction in water consumption – 492,000 gallons and $3,600 saved per year
• Reduced Construction Waste – 5,300 Tons Recycled (76 percent recycle rate)
• Recycled Content in Building Materials – 34 percent of material cost ($1.75 Million)
• Regionally Manufactured Materials (manufactured within 500 miles of the project)– 46 percent of material cost ($2.30 Million)
• Regionally Extracted Materials (extracted within 500 miles of the project) – 18 percent or $900,000 of material costs.
• FSC Certified Wood (produced and harvested in accordance with the Forest Stewardship Council– 68 percent of material cost ($26,500)
Contact: Janelle Guthrie, AG Communications Director, (360) 586-0725