Washington State

Office of the Attorney General

Attorney General

Bob Ferguson

AGO 1952 NO. 219 >

The school district may refund an overpayment to the federal government in any of three ways:  (1) By having the amount deducted from the next federal grant; (2) by budgeting the amount in the next year; or (3) by a budget extension.