Most Assistant Attorney General positions are represented by the Association of Washington Assistant Attorneys General/Washington Federation of State Employees (AWAAG/WFSE). Assistant Attorney General salaries are set in accordance with the AWAAG/WFSE Collective Bargaining Agreement. A competitive state benefits package is also offered which includes a choice of medical/dental insurance plans, retirement, life and basic long-term disability insurance. Positions identified as being within King County are eligible for 5% assignment pay per legislative action.
Aside from a competitive salary, medical/dental, retirement and other insurance benefits, the Office offers non-financial benefits that support and enhance personal and professional development. These include:
- A collaborative and professional work environment
- Talented, dedicated colleagues
- Vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- A vibrant training program that can completely satisfy CLE requirements
- Formal and informal mentoring programs
- Performance management program
- Infants in the Workplace policy
- Affinity groups, including Bereavement, Elder Care, Women, Parents, LGBTQ+, Disabilities, People of Color and Veterans
- Promotional and transfer opportunities
- Wellness program
- Flexible work schedules
Equally if not more important is the satisfaction in knowing that your work serves a crucial role in the protection of the state, its people and resources.