Washington State

Office of the Attorney General

Attorney General

Bob Ferguson

In November 2008, we posted a story about the Utilities and Transportation Commission’s decision to pull the operating permit for All My Sons, a Kent-based moving company. The agency cited deceptive business practices and numerous violations. Apparently the Sons didn’t get the message because they kept right on moving.

The company has more complaints than any other in the state. This week, the UTC went to court to stop them.

One potential downside: Even if the state wins, All My Sons could still haul your couch to another state unless the feds step in. That’s because state-to-state moves aren't regulated by the UTC.

For a hassle-free move, always make sure your mover is registered. For moves within Washington, check the UTC’s site or call their Consumer Affairs Section at 800-562-6150 to inquire whether a company has a permit . If moving to another state, check www.protectyourmove.gov to assure the company is registered with the U.S. Department of Transportation.


Recent Posts

Blogroll & Consumer News

Product Recalls